What's on this site? The main works of Graham Stevenson - books, pamphlets, articles and speeches.
(1) The single largest information resource is `A Compendium of Communist Biographies', an `encylopaedia of hundreds of thousands of words on many thousands (mainly but not all deceased) of Communist Party members and former members. New information and corrections on individuals from readers is always welcome. These biographies have been written and researched by Graham Stevenson but a few have been supplied by individuals named in the entry concerned.
(2) The 330,000 word study, `Defence or Defiance - a people's history of Derbyshire' first written by Graham Stevenson in 1982, of trade unions and other working class organisations in the county from the 17th century to the early 1970s .
(3) Miscellany - a collection of Graham Stevenson's books, speeches and articles including,
- `Anatomy of decline - the Young Communist League (1966-1980)' (1982)
- `In Defence of History’ (2004),
- `An illustrated guide to trade union history' (1980, revised in 2001)
- `The British Security Forces and the Communist Party’ (2002)
- `The Communist Party In The 1980s: Revisionism, Resistance And Re-Establishment’ (2004)
- `Spartacus and class struggle in ancient Rome’ (1986)
- `Historical notes on democratic centralism’,
- `Dunne and Sullivan- Irish republican martyrs’ (2002)
- `Is corporatism dead?' (1994)
- `Birmingham Communists in action in the 1930s’,
- articles on Communist history
- The fight to reclaim the Labour Party (2004)
- The miners' strike 20 years on and the Communist Party (2004)
- Collected speeches 1998-2006.
- The complete memoirs of Frank Watters (2004 revised edition), Sid Easton (1991) and Jock and Betty Kane (1992)